My Online Art Portfolio

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

third wolf portrait completed!

Over the long hours between the hot afternoon and the memorial day dinner to be had, I found time to finish my third wolf macro. In the end, I burnished everything-crisped up the edges of his fur, which I had accidentally blurred with my clumsy hand, and I added a lot more colors to his forehead and face in general (yes, it is a he, don't ask me what makes me think so, I haven't the foggiest).

So, anyway, here he is. This guy seemed the hardest of all three for some reason. I think getting the hang of the contrast was more difficult on this one.




















*She sighs as she sits back*. Now that that's done, I was thinking of doing something with people in it-an actual scene and not so much a portrait.


I've been an avid admirer of Monet since...since always, actually.





I love his soft but realistic color palette, that often includes as much moody darks as airy pastels. The floaty blurriness of the paintings somehow seem more realistic- to echo the way fast moving life looks than a photo-crystal clear painting.




I have some photos I took of Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens two years ago with my sister, her daughter and a friend walking about the gardens' many paths, and I got to thinking. I think I'm going to try a Monet-esc painting. Nothing madly sharp and perfect-airy and watercolory and pastelly.Will it be a toss, or a keeper? We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment